Having worked with pastors in a variety of settings for over 25 years, I have a unique understanding of many of the day to day issues pastors face – balance with work and family – taking their Sabbath – getting ministries going in their churches – feeling stuck – feeling lonely and isolated.
My passion is working with people in ministry, helping them to prioritize the myriad of expectations in their lives, getting them reconnected with the passions that initially drew them into the ministry to begin with.
By phone: 715-505-4879
By email: Barbara@ClergyLifeCoaching.com
As a former therapist, many pastors shared their concerns with me but it didn’t feel like they needed therapy to get over something in their past but rather support and encouragement to find better ways of moving forward in their ministries in order to support sustainability and longevity in their calls.
When I discovered coaching, I immediately set my course to enroll in a Christian coaching program with the sole intent of supporting my sisters and brothers in the ministry.
God has truly blessed this ministry, walking alongside ministry professionals through the coaching process.
A little about me personally is that I am married to a wonderful man, Arvin and together we have three beautiful daughters – Natasha, Nastia and Annie. I am a passionate reader, I love to knit, walking in the woods reenergizes me and connecting with friends is life giving.
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) through the International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Over 150 hours of certified professional coach training
- Member of the International Coach Federation
- Strengths Champion Certified Coach (CliftonStrengths)
- Certified Human Behavior Consultant (DISC inventory)
- Healthy Start Regional Director — working with congregations during the first year of a new pastoral ministry
- Graduate, Coaching4Clergy Coach Training Program
- MSW, University of Illinois, Chicago Campus
- BA, Luther College, Decorah, IA
- Author (Clergy Life Books)
- Peer Coach Coordinator for the Northwest Synod of Wisconsin (ELCA)
- Professional Christian speaker presenting at dozens of events over the years
- Worked at Lutheran Social Services of Wisconsin and Upper Michigan (church and community relations, church programs, therapist) for 17 years
- Missionary in Tanzania for three years